Association of Chartered Certified Accountants course detail ( ACCA )
|ACCA Full Form||Association of Certified Chartered Accountants|
|ACCA Course Duration||1-7 years|
|ACCA Course Fees||INR 28,000 to INR 2,60,000|
|ACCA Exams||13 exams|
|ACCA Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with minimum 65% aggregate in Maths/Accounts and English, and 50% in other subjects|
|ACCA Career Prospects||Accountants, Auditors, Finance manager, Business Analyst, Taxation Expert|
|ACCA Average Salary||INR 3.5 to 4 LPA|
|Top ACCA Recruiters||PwC, EY, Deloitte, KPMG, Grant Thornton|
What is ACCA?
ACCA is a certificate that is conferred by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of the UK which is a global body for professional accountants. ACCA is an accounting organization with more than 2 Lakh members and 6 Lakh students spread across 183 countries.
ACCA course promises a rewarding career in the field of accounting, Finance and Management. The core values of ACCA are to provide opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability.
Students get various advantages after completing the ACCA course. The main advantages are mentioned below
- Students get a certificate that is globally recognized and thus can get opportunities from all these countries. The scope for job opportunities in 180+ markets and recognition from 80 international bodies.
- ACCA is in high demand in the big 4 MNCs. The students get to work in senior roles that are strategically important. It is one of the most affordable ways to get an International Professional Qualification.
- Although it is co-ordinated from the UK, ACCA has 100 offices globally providing localized support. It also contains local law and tax education making the course relevant in each country.
- There is great flexibility in doing ACCA and students will be able to complete their ACCA certification along with graduation.
Who should Study?
- Students who are interested in a career in Accounts, Finance and Auditing career. It has a flexible and student-friendly examination system helping students who are doing their graduation along with ACCA.
- Students who are in the Accounting line get various exemptions from exams. Thus students with B Com or MCom will get the certificate with fewer exams to give.
- Students who want to do accounting, finance or auditing jobs in big 4 MNCs must do ACCA.
ACCA students can take admission after class 10th. Although they will need to complete a Diploma course before starting on the main ACCA subjects which are 13 in number.
The best part about ACCA is that it has almost no eligibility criteria. The basic eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Students with no formal education will be able to apply for ACCA Foundation. On passing the Diploma course for ACCA Foundation, students will be able to apply for ACCA qualification which is the main ACCA certification exam
- A student who has passed class 12 must have more than 65% in subjects like English, Mathematics and Accounts. Apart from these, students must have more than 50% in the other subjects.
|Particulars||Foundations Level||Applied Knowledge Level||Applied Skills Level||Strategic Professional Level|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||2 hours||3 hours||4 hours|
Students with some kind of degree gets exemption from various ACCA Exams. The ACCA exemptions are mentioned below:
- Passing Class 12: Students who have passed class 12 will be exempted from the Foundational Diploma course of ACCA. This exam is for students who have no formal education.
- Passing BCom or MCom: Students who have graduated with BCom or MCom will be exempted from ACCA Knowledge level exams like Business & Technology (BT), Management Accounting (MA), and Financial Accounting (FA). They will also be exempted from the Corporate and Business Law Exam of Skill Level Exam.
- Clearing Chartered Accountancy: Students who have cleared CA will have 9 papers exempted from 13. Thus Skill Level and Knowledge Level will be completely exempted. Students will have to give only the 4 exams at the Professional Level.
- Clearing CA IPCC: Students who have cleared CA IPCC will need to sit for 8 Exams in ACCA. Only 4 Exams will be exempted which are Business & Technology, Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Taxation, Audit and Assurance.
ACCA Exam Dates
ACCA exam dates are available in 4 cycles or Sessions. The dates of March Session, June Session, September Session and December Session are mentioned below.
|Foundations in Accountancy||ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)|
|ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)|
|ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)|
|Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)|
|Knowledge Level||Business & Technology|
|Skill Level||Corporate and Business Law (LW)|
|Performance Management (PM)|
|Financial Reporting (FR)|
|Audit and Assurance (AA)|
|Financial Management (FM)|
|Professional Level||Strategic Business Leader (SBL)|
|Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)|
|Optional Subjects in the Professional Level||Advanced Financial Management (AFM)|
|Advanced Performance Management (APM)|
|Advanced Taxation (ATX)|
|Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)|
There is a huge scope of ACCA in the future with the increase in globalization. Companies are providing services and products from all over the globe. Major scope for ACCA are described below:
- ACCA is recognized by more than 180 countries making it one of the most valued certifications. Most ACCA professionals from India work in countries like UK, Australia, Singapore, and Germany.
- Foreign companies working in India have a huge demand for ACCA professionals. They hire professionals who are qualified for international work and know about international accounting. They must be able to work for US GAAP and IFRS.
- The job scope of an ACCA is equivalent to a CA. An ACCA professional also has the opportunity to do the same kind of job in 180+ countries.
- Government, educational institutions, and various businesses both small and large are connecting with ACCA. ACCA has 7500+ approved employers and 80 partnerships with accountancy bodies.
The salary after ACCA largely depends on the duration of work experience. ACCA students start their careers with a salary of around INR 7 LPA which rises to more than 15 LPA with experience. BDO, Grant Thornton, J. P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley are some of the top companies that hire ACCA in accounting to finance.
Choose ACCA – and discover a world of opportunity
When you study with ACCA, you can take your career in any direction. You open doors to the best and most interesting roles all over the world. And you become one of the sought-after finance professionals our fast-changing world needs.
It’s a rewarding and intense path – and we’re here to support you at every stage of your career.
Get a flying start to your business career with ACCA
WORK ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
We have a worldwide reputation for excellence and our rigorous qualifications are recognised and respected across the globe. When you join us, you become part of our diverse body of more than 219,000 members and 527,000 students in 179 countries.
Supported by quality tuition
We are here to help you on every step of your journey. Whether you wish to study full-time or part-time, in a classroom environment , you’ll be able to find quality tuition that suits your needs and lifestyle.
STAND OUT TO THE BEST EMPLOYERS
Employers across the globe seek out ACCA-trained professionals – because they know they have the strategic thinking, technical skills and professional values to drive their organisations forward. Explore this further in our career navigator. We currently work with more than 7,400 Approved Employers and 80 accountancy partnerships worldwide – and connect our members with thousands of vacancies through the ACCA Careers Job Board.
The flexibility to choose your own path
Get the support you need to succeed
Our dedicated, 24-hour support service is here whenever you need it – to answer questions or to give advice. And you can access our free, dedicated resources and materials on our website.
If English isn’t your first language, we offer additional support through our training Sessions with professionals who’ll give you targeted support for each exam you take.
Ready to start?
Join us as a student to start your ACCA journey. Alternatively, sign up to receive Potential to find out more about ACCA and keep yourself up to date with the latest. If you’ve any questions, chat to us or send us a message on 9811699907